A healthy heart is a happy heart. In Salvum Clinic we care about your cardiovascular health and we offer you a very professional and personalized cardiological attention with Dr. Marcel Palacio, who will provide you with the best medical attention and the best treatment with absolute dedication.
The cardiology unit of Salvum Clinic has a cardiology service that offers complete care for the prevention of risk factors, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
Dr. Marcel is the cardiologist of this unit and has a great experience in the world of cardiology and heart diseases and a specialized training in ARRHYTHMIA.
Arrhythmias are very common alterations in the cardiovascular system within this unit we offer a comprehensive management of the patient with arrhythmias, offering therapeutic responses to both the simplest and the most complex as atrial fibrillation or ventricular tachycardia.
In our clinic you will have the possibility to perform:
- Clinical cardiology: outpatient consultations.
- Cardiac rehabilitation.
- Evaluation of chest pain.
- Cardiovascular risk assessment. In general, a cardiological check-up is recommended between 40 and 45 years of age.
- Preoperative evaluation
- Acute and chronic coronary artery disease (angina, myocardial infarction).
- Cholesterol and lipid disorders.
- Heart failure.
- Cardiac arrhythmias.
- Pericardial diseases.
- Valvular lesions.
- Electrical cardioversion.
- Evaluation of syncope (loss of consciousness).
Cardiovascular risk factors
Cardiovascular risk factors are those that are associated with a greater probability of suffering a cardiovascular pathology. Some of these factors are not modifiable, such as, for example:
- Family history
However, there are a number of modifiable factors that help reduce cardiovascular risks.
How to prevent heart disease
- Maintain a balanced diet.
- Control your cholesterol.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Reduce stress levels.