Winter, and especially the beginning of January, represents the time of the flu epidemic. But how can we, from the first symptoms, anticipate the virus and prevent a good cold?
The principles of the flu
Let’s look at the flu and its reasons: it is a virus that is transmitted by droplets in the air. There are different types: A, B, C. Type A is the most dangerous, it is transmitted from person to person or from animals to people.
The poisoning by this virus or the damage it can cause to the main organs of the injury (lungs, heart, kidneys, liver, brain membranes) is dangerous, especially for children, elderly people with chronic diseases. Although a young person without particular diseases, they can also be attacked by this virus.
Differences between cold and flu:
|Temperature||A strong increase.
Up to 39 C and above
|Cough, runny nose.||After the temperature goes up.||Before the temperature goes up.|
|Broken muscles, especially legs, headaches…,||Yes, until temperature appears.||No|
|Recovery||4-5 days of fever and malaise for 1-2 weeks.||2-3 days of temperature and then you feel fine.|
What to do with the first signs of flu?
- Stay home and get plenty of bed rest. It’s not about being around for a while, but taking it easy and taking care of your body in a natural way, resting as long as possible so that your body’s defenses can counteract the virus.
- Drink plenty of fluids and stay hydrated.
- It is a viral disease: therefore, antibiotics are not indicated.
- Take analgesics and antipyretics if the temperature is too high (above 39.5 ° C) or if the headache is severe.
- Reduce the intake of meat and carbohydrate foods: excludes meat, bread, buns, pasta or rice.
- You can have natural yogurts, vegetable proteins, gluten-free cereals, natural juices or green shakes to help your body get rid of toxins as soon as possible.
- Take Vitamin C.
- Rinse your nose with seawater and gargle with soda or lemon juice diluted with water. A proper rinse removes hundreds of thousands of bacteria and viruses from the nasal and oral cavities and significantly relieves coughs and sore throats.