Medium Chemical Peel
A frequent reason in aesthetic medicine is the absence of luminosity, skin imperfections such as small acne marks, blemishes, pores, scars and wrinkles. One of the best solutions is the medical chemical peeling which consists of the application of an acid solution, for gentle exfoliation and renewal of the most superficial layers of the skin allowing a complete regeneration and smoothing of the skin. It also stimulates the creation of collagen.
How is a medium chemical peel performed?
The medium chemical peel treatment requires prior cleansing of the skin. Then the different chemical agents such as glycolic, salicylic, trichloroacetic, mandelic and phenol acids are applied to the desired area (face, décolleté, hands).
Throughout the medium chemical peeling it is common to feel a stinging, itching or burning sensation. Once it has been applied, there is usually an immediate reddening of the skin, which will be accompanied by a mild peeling in the following days.
What type of peel to use?
As with all medical services at Gran Alacant Clinic HLA, peeling involves a process that is tailor-made for each patient. Its intensity will be proportional to the depth of the lesions.
Superficial peeling improves fine wrinkles, blemishes and acne. It does not produce visible desquamation, as it only leaves a slight reddening for several hours. In addition, it can be applied within fifteen days.
The medium chemical peel is intended to erase superficial wrinkles, extended pigmented lesions and acne in the active phase. A greater reddening and peeling will be noticeable and areas of dry skin will peel off. It is performed in a single session and can be reapplied after six weeks.
The deep peeling is intended to eliminate deep wrinkles, medium to high photoaging and acne scars. After its application, a fairly intense reddening of the skin is observed for 3 or 4 days, followed by a noticeable peeling for a maximum of 10 days. It is performed in one session and can be reapplied after eight weeks.
What complications can occur after the treatment?
- Complications are rare and are significantly reduced if you follow the post-treatment instructions.
- The most important is to avoid sun exposure for at least 6-7 weeks after the chemical peel.
- Dark or light spots may appear in the area of application, although they are usually temporary and resolve in a few weeks.
- In deep peels, the risk of scarring is low, but it may occur in patients with a history of scarring difficulties.
What is a chemical peel for?
- The medium chemical peel can be applied to all skin types and areas of the body.
- Visible results, quick, simple and painless treatment.
- It is a safe and effective technique.
- It does not require general anaesthesia or admission to the clinic.
- Improves imperfections, blemishes, acne, wrinkles, scars…
- A more luminous, uniform, compact and elastic complexion.
If you want to know more about facial or body rejuvenation, visit our section.